Resources: Week 1 Assignment: Letter to the Admissions Board, University Library, and the Internet.
In Week 1, you researched two careers in psychology that are of interest to you professionally. This week, you will choose one area to focus on and find additional information related to that career.
Locate an article in the University Library that discusses an area of psychology you are interested in. Make sure that you are using a current article. You want to have an accurate and up to date picture of the profession you are exploring. Ideally your article should be 5 years old or less, no more than 10 years old.
Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word paper that includes the following:
- Summary. In your summary, please make sure you fully identify the article – title, author, publication date. This should ideally be done early on in your write up.
- An explanation of how this career aligns with your professional interests.
The last 3 areas will need you to consult & use additional sources beyond the article you have chosen:
- An explanation of the steps needed to find a job in your selected field of psychology.
- A description of how you would develop your skills in this field based on the information presented in the article and your readings.
- Identify a professional organization that aligns with this field. Describe the resources that are provided by that organization.
Include scholarly references.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.