Often organizations enter the marketplace with one approach and model. As the economy and demands shift, and technology changes, it is important that organizations pay attention and adjust with the times. This module uses the example of Amazon and how the company proactively adjusted to changes in the market and changes in technology to acquire the position of number two behind the iPad. Amazon continues to develop reader or iPad type technology that goes beyond digital texts.
Amazonâ€™s original aim was to be the worldâ€™s largest bookseller. The company currently offers a wide range of products and services in addition to operations in online retail storefronts for partners. The company has also developed and sold its own manufactured products such as the Kindle.
Review the main sections of Amazonâ€™s most recent annual report available at the following link:
Respond to the following:
- What was the generic strategy originally applied?
- How has the companyâ€™s strategy changed? Which strategy applies now?
- How would you describe the central elements of Amazonâ€™s strategy?
- What elements of low-cost provider strategy do you see?
- What are the elements of differentiation in the companyâ€™s strategy? For example, elements such as diversification or market timing.
Write your initial response in approximately 300 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Must be ORIGINAL work as essay will be turned into “Turnitin“.
Due Date: Friday, July 5th–no exception.