Change Proposal Subject And Purpose Identification 2
The first step in developing an evidence-based practice change proposal is to identify an issue or problem to address. In this topic, students will learn what resources are required and what skills they will need to employ in order to create and deliver a robust Capstone practicum proposal.
· Identify problems, issues, and opportunities to improve patient care, patient outcomes, and organizational procedures within a clinical practice setting.
· Examine a health care clinical problem or an organization issue and its implications to nursing practice.
· Determine evidence‐based solutions that address patient‐care or clinical practice quality problems or issues.
· Analyze health care clinical problems and organizational issues utilizing the PICO(T) process
· Demonstrate values consistent with the role of a nursing professional through fundamental knowledge and advanced skills.
*Capstone setting (elementary school), Topic (infection control)
*Current place of employment (long term care), issue (infection control)
Question #1) During your practicum, determine what clinical problem or issue the organization is facing. Discuss two implications for nursing.
Question #2) What is the main issue for your organization in addressing a solution to evidence-based nursing practice? Discuss what might be the first step in addressing and resolving this issue.