According to the American Diabetes Association (2011), 25.8 million children and adults have been diagnosed with diabetes in the United States. Approximately 2 million more are diagnosed every year, with another 79 million people considered to be in a pre-diabetes state. These millions of people are at risk of several alterations, including heart disease, stroke, kidney failure, neuropathy, and blindness. Since diabetes has a major impact on the health of millions of people around the world, it is essential for nurses to understand the pathophysiology and associated alterations of this disorder. In this Discussion, you compare two types of diabetes—diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus.
· Review Chapter 19 in the Huether and McCance text and Chapter 18 in the McPhee and Hammer text. Identify the pathophysiology of diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus. Consider the similarities and differences between resulting alterations of hormonal regulation.
· Select two of the following patient factors: genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, or behavior. Think about how the factors you selected might impact the diagnosis and prescription of treatment for these two types of diabetes.
· an explanation of the pathophysiology of diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus. (I am looking for an explanation at the cellular or molecular level (whenever possible).
· Describe the differences and similarities between resulting alterations of hormonal regulation.
· Then explain how the factors you selected might impact the diagnosis and prescription of treatment for these two types of diabetes.
American Diabetes Association. (2011). Diabetes statistics. Retrieved from http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-basics/diabetes-statistics/
Points to follow when writing a paper:
Ø Please all bullets points, bold, red and highlighted area must be attended to.
Ø A clear purpose statement (The purpose of this paper is to…) is required in the introduction of all writings.
Ø Please review all rubrics.
Ø Check APA format/setting.
Ø Your final paragraph should be a summary of the key points of your paper.
Ø Please personalized where necessary.
Refrain from direct quote