For this discussion, you will use information from your assigned readings, the literature and leaders in your organization to answer the following:
- Describe your organization’s customer service/patient experience model. Include standards, measures, staff training, reward and recognition programs. If you are not currently part of an organization, interview a nursing colleague about their institution for this discussion.
- Discuss how well the customer service model works. Provide 2 examples illustrating the effectiveness of the model. If it is not effective, provide 2 examples illustrating the ineffectiveness of the model. Provide rationale for your answer.
- Describe the customer service model/patient experience on your unit or in your department. What is nursing’s role? What is the nurse manager’s involvement?
- Describe how customer satisfaction is measured on your unit? If customer satisfaction is high, how is it maintained? If it is low, what strategies are in place for improvement?
- Why is customer satisfaction now tied to reimbursement? Cite references.
Your initial post must be posted before you can view and respond to colleagues, must contain minimum of two (2) references, in addition to examples from your personal experiences to augment the topic. The goal is to make your post interesting and engaging so others will want to read/respond to it. Synthesize and summarize from your resources in order to avoid the use of direct quotes, which can often be dry and boring. No direct quotes are allowed in the discussion board posts.
- Initial Post: Minimum of two (2) total references: one (1) from required course materials and one (1) from peer-reviewed references.
- Initial Post: Minimum 200 words excluding references (approximately one (1) page)
Leadership and Nursing Care Management, Elsevier-Saunders, 2013, 5th edition
- Read Chapters 19,20,21,22,23.