Discuss health care implications of school-age vaccinations at the macro-system level.
Project:Guidelines with Scoring Rubric
Involvement in interdisciplinary professional coalitions/organizations allows the healthcare professional to stay current in one?s field or specialty, gain an understanding regarding navigating socio-political environments as well as contributing ideas to one?s healthcare specialty. The purpose of this project will be to address a current healthcare controversy related to vaccination of school-age children. The project will entail researching school-age vaccinations at a state level and taking a stance on this debatable issue. Leadership skills at the macro-level will be applied.
This assignment will be presented as a PowerPoint Presentation.
The Professional Coalition/Organization Project will need to be completed by the end of Week 7 of this course and will require the following objectives to be addressed:
1. Discuss the pros and cons of the health carescenario noted below.
In a highly unusual outbreak of measles in Springfield, Missouri, 18 children became ill, 10 of which of the children had not been inoculated against the virus because their parents objected. These parents do not perceive risk of the disease, but perceive risk of the vaccine. They use information gained from mainstream media, connecting the vaccines with neurological disorders,.nytimes.com/health/guides/disease/asthma/overview.html?inline=nyt-classifier” title=”In-depth reference and news articles about Asthma.”>asthma,autism, and immunology?and, decide not vaccinate their children.
2. Discuss health care implications of school-age vaccinations at the macro system levels.
3. Discuss your macro-level leadership stance of this controversial health care risk.
4. Find a professional coalition/organization that supports your stance regarding use of vaccines for school-age children and your involvement with this professional coalition/organization.
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
CO #2: Analyze goal-directed leadership actions that foster positive healthcare outcomes and effective processes at individual, community, and global healthcare settings. (MPH PO 1, MSN PO 1, 7)
CO #5: Incorporate ongoing leadership character development, values, and ethical principles into a living leader role that collaborates with and engages individuals, teams, agencies, and organizations locally as well as globally. (MPH PO 8, MSN PO 5)
Due Date:Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 7
Total Points Possible:140
Description of the Assignment
The purpose of this project will be to address a health care controversy related to school-age vaccination. The project will entail researching the laws entailing the vaccination of school-age children at a state level, and taking a stance on this debatable issue. Leadership skills at the macro-level will be applied.
The following objectives will need to be addressed:
1. Provide an introductory PowerPoint slide(s) denoting the controversial issue related to vaccination of school-age children.
a. Provide a high-level overview of why school-age vaccination is a health care concern.
2. Discuss the pros and cons of the school-age vaccinationscenario as described within this assignment.
a. Discuss the pros related to children receiving vaccinations.
b. Discuss the cons related to children receiving vaccinations.
3. Discuss health care implications of school-age vaccinations at the macro-system level.
a. Provide an overview of the medical stance of children receiving vaccinations.
b. Provide an overview of a parent?s stance in children receiving vaccinations.
c. Discuss the healthcare implications of children receiving or not receiving vaccinations at the macro-global level.
4. Discuss your macro-level leadership stance related to this controversial issue.
a. Describe your understanding as a macro leader in why there is or there is not a risk for population at large.
b. As a macro leader, describe your support or nonsupport at the macro-global level of children receiving vaccinations.
5. Find the professional coalition/organization that supports your stance on the use of vaccines for school-age children and your involvement with this professional coalition/organization.
a. Identify a professional coalition/organization at your state level that addresses the use of vaccines for school-age children.
b. Describe your involvement with this professional coalition/organization based on your stance.
a. Highlight the main points for this project?healthcare implications of this controversial issue, your macro leadership stance on this issue, and a professional coalition/organization that supports the use of vaccines for school-age children.
Criteria for Format and Special Instructions
1. The PowerPoint Presentation (excluding the Title slide and References slide) should equal
15?18 PowerPoint slides. Points will be lost for not meeting these length requirements. Estimated slide length for each section of the paper is outlined in the description of the Assignment section.
2. Font and sizes acceptable: 12-point Times New Roman or 11-point Arial; also per discretion depending on the creativity of the slide.
3. Use of the following subheadings to organize the content of your presentation:
? Pros and Cons Related to Vaccination of School-Age Children
? Health care Implications
? Macro Leadership Stance
? Professional Coalition/Organization at the State Level
4. This assignment must be submitted to TurnItIn?, as required by the TurnItIn? policy. A Similarity Index of ?blue? or ?green? must be obtained. A score in the blue or green range indicates a similarity of less than 24% which is the benchmark for CCN graduate nursing students. Any other level of similarity index level requires the student to revise the assignment before the due date and time. To allow sufficient time for revision, early submission of the assignment to TurnItIn? is highly encouraged. The final submission will be graded by faculty. If a Turnitin? report indicates that plagiarism has occurred, the Academic Integrity policy will be followed.
5. The textbooks required and lesson information for this course may not be used as a reference for this assignment.
6. A minimum of 4 (four) scholarly references must be used. Scholarly references need to be current, 5years or less (anonymous authors or web pages are not acceptable).
7. Must follow APA guidelines as found in the 6th edition of the manual. Ideas and information that come from readings must be cited and referenced correctly.
8. Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal written work as found in the 6th edition of the APA manual.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH BEST NURSING TUTORS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post Discuss health care implications of school-age vaccinations at the macro-system level. appeared first on BEST NURSING TUTORS.