Topic 1: Collaboration for Research and Evidence-based Practice
Consider the role of the nurse as an interdisciplinary team member in completing research and using research findings to inform health care practices.
Please, do not write more than 1-3 pages.
Review the following.
- Women’s Health Initiative retrieved from http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/whi
- Collaborative strategies to enhance research and evidence-based practice. (see Journal in Activities)
Answer the following questions.
- Discuss the role of the advanced practice nurse as an interdisciplinary research collaborator and member of the interdisciplinary team obligated to co-participate in the implementation and use of evidence-based practice.
- End your discussion by providing an example of an evidence-based change that would require the collaborative efforts of nursing and at least two other healthcare disciplines and that would lead to quality improvement in healthcare.
Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing and Healthcare
- Chapter 18 “Disseminating Evidence Through Publications, Health Policy Briefs, and the Media”
Please retrieve and read the following Journal articles
Engelke, M., & Marshburn, D. (2006). Collaborative strategies to enhance research and evidence-based practice. The Journal of Nursing Administration, Mar; 36(3), 131–135.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. What is Ethics in Research & Why is it Important? (2011). Retrieved from http://www.niehs.nih.gov/research/resources/bioethics/whatis/index.cfm