Conduct a health assessment of a population of your choice. Explain the process and summarize the results.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Health Assessment – Conduct comprehensive and focused assessments of health and illness parameters in individuals, groups, and vulnerable populations.
- Describe the key elements that make up a health assessment at the community, group, and individual levels.
- Explain the process involved in conducting a comprehensive health assessment.
- Summarize the findings of a health assessment for a specific population.
- Competency 3: Nursing Research and Informatics – Incorporate evidence-based practice interventions (for example, information systems and patient care technologies) as appropriate for managing the acute and chronic care of patients, promoting health across the lifespan.
- Use valid, scholarly research resources relevant to the field of nursing to support information presented.