Hi, I need someone to help me with the attached ASSIGNMENT. The ideal tutor MUST be willing to turn this assignment within 10 hours from now and without plagiarism. The assignment must incorporate lessons learned from the MATERIALS I am attaching with this assignment or the link I included. Firdst of all, you will read this week materials to understand what we did in class so you are able to synthesise the materials with the answers you provide.
Week 3 Introduction and Learning Materials
Hello Students! For this Week 3, we will be looking at the second of the five conditions that set the stage for a great team performance. This condition is a compelling direction. You will consider what makes for a compelling direction and who should set it. A compelling direction can energize, orient, and engage a team. It should be challenging, clear, and consequential. It should specify the ends but not the means. As you consider this week’s materials, you should think about work assignments you have been given and ponder whether or not you were given a compelling direction, or something less. How did it affect your enthusiasm about your work?
Week 3 Learning Materials:
1. Read course text book Part Two – Compelling Direction (pages 61-91) DONT WORRY ABOUT THIS BOOK, I HAVE T BUT CANT PROVIDE IT. SO USE THE REMAINING MATERIALS
2. Watch the short video embedded below and located at this link: http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_ariely_what_makes_us_feel_good_about_our_work.html (20:26)
3. Read about Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs as espoused in his 1943 article “A Theory of Human Motivation” at this web page: http://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newLDR_92.htm .
4. Read the following two article summaries about creating a shared vision for a team, company, or organization:
Link: http://hbr.org/1996/09/building-your-companys-vision/ – Building Your Company’s Vision
Link: http://hbr.org/2009/01/to-lead-create-a-shared-vision – To Lead, Create a Shared Vision
THE QUESTIONS ARE BELOW.
YOUR ANSWER FOR EACH SHOULD NOT BE LESS THAN 200 WORDS.
IN ALL, I EXPECT SOMETHING BETWEEN 700 TO 1000 WORDS.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ THE MATERIAL SO YOU HAVE AN IDEA OF WHAT TO WRITE.
THIS IS NOT A FREEEWRITING ASSIGNMENT. YOU NEEED TO SYNTHESISE THE LESSONS YOU LEARNED FROM THE MATERIALS I ATTACHED WITH YOUR ANSWERS.
1. Consider the following quote by Antoine de Saint-Exupery:
“If you want to build a ship, donâ€™t herd people together to collect wood and donâ€™t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.” â€” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
What does this quote mean to you? How might this inform your work as a leader? If you are curious about Antoine de Saint-Exupery, you can read about him at the following link: http://www.pbs.org/kcet/chasingthesun/innovators/aexupery.html
2. Consider the following scenario about Mick and the Boy Scouts. Fully discuss what you believe Mick did right and wrong in handling this situation. Describe in detail how you would handle it if you were given this project. Do you see how this scenario might apply to a workplace with adults? Explain fully.
Mick and the Boy Scouts.pdf (PLEASE FIND PDF ATTACHED TO THIS ASSIGNMENT BELOW)
3. Assume that you are leading a small work team within a government agency that has been assigned the following task: To write a detailed emergency plan for how your agency would continue operations in the event that it suffered a catastrophic loss of computing power due to a cyber-terror attack or a total loss of your computing facility and the existing back-up facility. This work requires detailed planning and sophisticated software programming that will take about a year for your team to complete. The likelihood of the plan ever being used is estimated to be about 2-3%. The work is expected to be difficult and tedious. What might you do to provide a compelling direction for your team, and to keep team members motivated for the duration of this project?