In 2-3 pages, after the viewing of Crimson Tide evaluate the incident where the ships XO relieved the CO from his command. Give your thoughts of the entire situation, could you have had the intestinal fortitude to relieve him, and what would you have done if the ship had committed mutiny after you took command?
IMPORTANT NOTE: Grading of the essays will place emphasis on the adequate discussion of the elements in the reading assignments. They should include original thought and conclusions of the student. Simply repeating a list of facts in narrative form will result in a failing grade for the paper. You are expected to be able draw your own conclusions from the material presented. Be sure to organize your ideas and the events you describe into coherent paragraphs and to begin each paragraph with a topic sentence. Again, your paper will be graded on the clarity of your presentation and on the effectiveness of your writing style, as well as the accuracy and depth of your analysis.
GUIDELINES FOR ALL WRITTEN ASSIGNMENTS:
1. Student should include all references and sources used throughout the course in proper APA 6th Edition format to include a properly formatted cover page, double spaced and alphabetized by author’s last name.
2. Student should follow the APA Style Manual 6th Edition or referencing and citing sources in the paper.
3. Paper should be written in third person – not first person.
4. Paper should be error-free, so it may be wise to have another person proof your work.
5. All sources must be properly cited according to APA style. In essence, you need to use in-text citations (no footnotes or endnotes in this paper whatsoever). Full citations of all works should be included in the References section, formatted in APA Style.
6. The paper must contain the following elements:
a. Title Page (or letter of transmittal if a memorandum format is used)
b. Double spaces 12 point font, no blue or bold font
c. Review of current practices (background of literature) in the area
d. Strategic plan for change or creation of the anticipated change (use examples of where this approach has been successful in other organizations if pertinent).
e. Strategic approach for implementation of the change(s)
f. Final recommendations and possible outcomes (best and worst case scenarios)
h. References section