- 1.–Find at least five (5) â€œreal-lifeâ€ arguments which could be rewritten as syllogisms.
- In a sentence or two, describe the argument.
- Rewrite each argument as a syllogism.
- Identify whether the argument contains logical errors or is an example of good syllogistic reasoning.
2.—-Discussion 2: â€œNature or Nurture Debate.â€
The â€œnature or nurtureâ€ argument is based on whether a personâ€™s behavior is a result of heredity or his/her environment. Review the â€œEither/Orâ€ fallacies in the Thinking textbook. Please respond to the following:
- State the main reason why you agree with either the â€œnatureâ€ position or with the â€œnurtureâ€ position.
- Evaluate your own stated reason: Is it supportable with verifiable evidence? Is it based on reason or opinion? Would the other side think that your stated reason adequately supports your position?
- Explain whether there are other theories besides nature and nurture that might explain the variability of human behavior.