Week 6 Discussion 1
Objective and Projective Techniques
Based on the multiple topics that are covered this week for Vocation, Neuropsychological, and Forensic Testing:
- Select one of these topics and provide the importance for that type of testing, include how and when it should be used and the “pitfalls” with regards to ethical standard and Best Practice model that must be followed per the selected instruments.
Be sure to put all information in your own words, cite accordingly, and include a list of references used in APA format. Your post should be at least 300 words.
Assignment 2: Child Abuse in Homes of Substance Abusers
Research clearly indicates a connection between substance abuse and child maltreatment. Among confirmed cases of child maltreatment, 40 percent involve the use of alcohol or drugs. An estimated 480,000 children are mistreated each year by a caretaker who has alcohol or drug problems. Additionally, alcohol and drug problems are factors in a majority of cases of emotional abuse and neglect.
Answer the following:
- Given these statistics, why do you think a more concerted effort is not made in the media to make citizens aware of the association between substance abuse and child abuse?
- Choose one of the following audiences, and describe a plan to heighten awareness of this problem:
- Grade and high school students
- Parent or child organizations such as Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts
- Welfare recipients
- Include three action points for implementing this awareness plan nationwide to the chosen audience. Be sure to specify:
- Who will deliver the information?
- How will the information be delivered?
- What systems will be put in place for support if needed by participants?
- Include one additional action point to address prevention strategies in the population chosen above.
Create a two- to three-page plan. Submit your plan as a Word document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.