In the Final Research Paper, you will use your critical thinking skills to analyze and evaluate a current events topic that has constitutional and political implications. Select from the list below or utilize a topic approved by the instructor. The thesis of the paper will be a statement identifying how the concepts of federalism, civil liberties, and civil rights are implicated in and affected by this topic.
Select one topic from the following list of constitutional issues:
- Regulation of commerce
- Religious freedom
- Free speech
- Privacy rights
- Equal protection under law
Utilize the feedback from your Week Three Assignment to create a more thorough outline to form your Final Research Paper. The paper should include five main sections:
- Introductory paragraph that provides a brief background regarding the topic and introduces the main thesis.
- In-depth discussion of the implications for federalism related to the topic.
- In-depth discussion of the implications for civil rights related to the topic.
- In-depth discussion of the implications for civil liberties related to the topic.
- Concluding paragraph that summarizes the main findings and restates the thesis.