Prepare a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you discuss the causes of psychopathology.
Address the following:
- Provide a brief overview of how culture is a factor in determining the expression of psychopathology.
- Examine the causes of psychopathology using one of the psychological perspectives in the text.
- Explain the changes in society’s perception of psychopathology as a function of a historical period.
Cite at least two peer-reviewed sources.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
In this assignment, you will investigate the significant role of each founding father of industrial/organizational psychology, as well as come to understand the important role that industrial/organizational psychologists play as both researcher and practitioner and the importance of research and statistics in the field.
Complete the Contributions to I/O Psychology worksheet.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper comparing the dual roles of scientist and practitioner that I/O psychologists play. Include the following in your response:
- Specific examples of how research advances the field
- Ethical considerations when conducting this research
- Descriptions of at least two statistical methods used by I/O psychologists, as well as how they are used
Contributions to I/O Psychology
Complete the following table. Your answers in each cell should be at least 1 to 2 sentences in length.
Founders of I/O psychology
Major contributions to the field
Modern application of the founder’s contribution to the field
Walter Dill Scott
Frank and Lillian Gilbreth