Apply statistics to different quality methods in healthcare.
Chaparral Regional Hospital is a small, urban hospital of approximately 60 beds, and offers the following:
- Emergency room services
- Intensive care
- Surgical care
- Diagnostic services
- Some rehabilitation therapies
- Inpatient pharmacy services
- Geriatric services and
- Consumer physician referral services
Recently, the CEO has been hearing complaints from both patients and staff. You have been hired to design and implement a Quality Improvement Plan to help uncover quality problems and satisfactorily resolve them.
Your CEO has requested that you provide employee training on Quality Improvement. You have done an initial survey of patient satisfaction, and the CEO has asked you to explain how the data will be analyzed, using this initial data.
Given the variety of complaints coming from both employees and patients, it is critical for everyone to understand the importance of conducting the survey and obtaining solid data.
You are to create an agenda for the training and a memo with bullet points to present the statistical analysis of the initial data. The memo should include an explanation of each of the statistical results. In particular, you should be able to explain what the results mean to the facility.
Determine the percentages of the following:
- Percent who responded with a 5 (Great) on “Overall impression of the visit”
- Percent who responded with a 2 (Fair) or 1 (Poor) on “Overall impression of the visit”
- Percent who responded with a 5 (Great) on “Willingness to return”
- Percent who responded with less than 5 on “Willingness to return”
- In the area of “Facility and Convenience,” which indicator had the highest percentage of 5 (Great) responses? Which had the lowest?
- In the area of “Staff,” which indicator had the highest percentage of 5 (Great) responses? Which had the lowest?
What is the mean waiting time in the reception area?
What is the mean waiting time to see a healthcare professional?
Microsoft Word has many memo templates. In your memo, be sure to address each statistical analysis and what it means to the facility. Why ask these questions? How could the data be used for quality improvement?
NOTE – APA formatting, and proper grammar, punctuation, and form required.