or this Assignment, be sure to view this week’s Qualitative Research Design PowerPoint webinar and pay close attention to its content on the basic elements of qualitative research methods (e.g., sample selection, data collection, plans for interpretive analysis). Then, review the two research studies presented in this week’s resources for this assignment.
Note: While not a required resource, you might find the definitions in the Encyclopedia of Nursing Research helpful for this assignment.
This assignment involves identifying and describing different elements of the research method used in the Walsh et al. (2015) article.
- Focus on the research design, sample selection, data collection methods, and plan for data analysis as discussed in the Walsh et al. (2015) article.
- Identify at least two strengths and two weaknesses of the article’s research method based on trustworthiness. You must provide support for your explanation with citations from additional sources.
- Use the Journal Club Template for Qualitative Research located in this week’s resources.
- The template includes an area for each element discussed in the study.
- Be brief, paraphrase and summarize each of the elements clearly on the form
Middle range theories are the most cited in nursing research and often borrowed from other disciplines. For this discussion forum, we will focus on middle range theories. Now that you all have some idea of your toipic for your capstone project and have looked at a theory that might fit your project, do and discuss the following: Part One: 1. Choose one middle range theory (can be any) you think fits your project and briefly discuss why? Part Two: 2. Post one discussion question related to the use of middle range theories for your classmates to respond too. Use Middle range theories, application to nursing research and practice 4th edition by Sandra J. Peterson and Timothy S. Bredow. Use Chapter 5 Self-Efficacy My research project is on how to improve medication adherence with black patients