Read the Chapter 4 Pressure Ulcer case study in your textbook and answer the discussion questions. Your paper should be two to three pages in length, excluding the title and reference pages, and formatted according to APA guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. In addition to the textbook, utilize a minimum of two scholarly sources to support your points.
Case Study Discussion Questions:
- What are the steps of the practice-based evidence (PBE) process related to this case study?
- As the informatics specialist working with the clinical team in the four long-term care facilities, identify the following:
- elements to incorporate into the documentation by Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) and managers that address factors identified in the original study
- Clinical Decision Support (CDS) tools that could be incorporated into computer systems
- How can the cost effectiveness of the new documentation requirements and standards of care be efficiently evaluated?
Important nurses of the 19th century are often overshadowed by Nightingale’s prominence. Select one 19th-century nurse other than Nightingale and describe this person’s contributions to the profession. Although some duplication is expected, please try to select a nurse who has not already been presented by a classmate This discussion is great fun – as you know, when we think of nursing history…Florence is often the one and only name that comes to mind. Let’s look into those who have made significant contributions – Mary Mahoney, Walt Whitman, and even Calamity Jane have a place in our professional history.