PCN-523 Topic 3: Short Answer Questions
Directions: Provide short answers of 75- 150 words each for the following questions/statements. Do not exceed 250 words for your response. Use the textbook and any other scholarly resources to support your responses.
- What does the term reliability mean in testing and assessment?
- What does the term validity mean in testing and assessment?
- Why is it important to have both validity and reliability?
- In testing and assessment, what is norming?
- Utilize your textbook to briefly explain each of the following concepts as they relate to psychological assessments/tests:
- Standardized testing:
- Non-standardized testing:
- Norm-referenced assessments:
- Criterion-referenced assessments:
- Group assessments:
- Individual assessments:
- Scales of measurement:
- Nominal Scale
- Ordinal Scale
- Interval Scale
- Ratio Scale
- Measures of central tendency:
- Indices of variability:
- Shapes and types of distribution:
- Normal Distribution
- Skewed Distribution
© 2017. Grand Canyon University. All Rights Reserved.
© 2017. Grand Canyon University. All Rights ReserveComplete the Topic 3 short answer questions worksheet. While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. This assignment meets the following CACREP Standards: 2.F.7.f. Basic concepts of standardized and non-standardized testing, norm-referenced and criterion-referenced assessments, and group and individual assessments. 2.F.7.g. Statistical concepts, including scales of measurement, measures of central tendency, indices of variability, shapes and types of distributions, and correlations. 2.F.7.h. Reliability and validity in the use of assessments.